Saturday, July 2, 2011

Copywrong Infringrment

So I've taken a few days off and have done some research. Wait. Let me go back a little. as you may know this blog was just recently started.My friend Jerry has been giving me tips and pointers on the whole thing. He's a great guy and I appreciate all his help. One of the last things he mentioned was that it was illegal to post images and other content that wasn't mine.
'Assume everything is copyright protected' he said. Well, after looking around for some sort of loophole for awhile, I decided to just say the hell with it and just not post anymore images.But now for the good news. It seems that there are many sites out there that offer millions of free use images, one being Wikipedia Commons They have over 10 million images to choose from. Also there is flickr creative commonsOf course, there are many other options available, but I'm not going to waste our time by posting them all.All I can say is Thank God that I don't have to stress out over this bullshit anymore and can get on with things. Now for my opinion on copyrighting. It's bullshit! Okay, I can understand that it's wrong to take someone else's work and make money off it. That's just wrong and should very much be illegal. What I don't like is how I use the work of others (of course) in my blog. It's more like advertising for them. And to top things off, I'm only sharing with others my opinions of certain things or images, links and videos I find interesting.You would think that some of the originators of their work would be thankful of the free advertising, I would be, and for this reason, you never know who could see something you've done and either purchase something you've done, it could inspire and motivate someone to bring about the 9th wonder of the world,
or hell,someone might see something and hire you to do some work. Of course, as with any law, theres always bound to be a change. Maybe someday, all of us bloggers will be allowed to use images without having to worry about copyright laws.Anyways, that's my thought and I'm out for a few minutes. It seems I'm going to need to change my blog name graphic.It's gonna be an amazing piece of art or very crappy. I promise.As far as the past posts go, I'm gonna leave them and if anybody tells me to take them down, I will. Hopefully they will realize I'm not making any money off there images and am using them in a positive way.

1 comment:

  1. Many people would gladly let you use their images if you just asked them.
    Some people make a living from photography and using their work product without either getting permission or paying for it is stealing. It doesn't matter if you are making money from it or not.

    ReplyDelete